High-speed railways play a vital role in the transportation of countries around the world. In recent years, the development of high-speed railways has attracted more attention from the public, and the raw materials for manufacturing high-speed trains have also undergone tremendous changes.Aluminum alloy car body has the advantages of light weight, corrosion resistance, good flatness and easy to manufacture complex and beautiful curved car body, so it is welcomed by urban transportation companies and railway transportation departments in the world.
Countries around the world gradually stop manufacturing carbon steel car bodies. Turn to stainless steel and aluminum alloy bodywork. Stainless steel car body has poor sealing, and can only be applied to urban rail vehicles and railway vehicles running at medium speeds. Aluminum alloy car bodies can not only be applied to urban rail vehicles, but also have other materials that cannot be replaced in the manufacture of high-speed rail vehicles Function, therefore, the development of aluminum alloy body is more promising than stainless steel body.
Advantages of aluminum alloy in high-speed rail transportation:
(1) Lightweight, energy saving and environmental protection. While the strength and rigidity meet the safety requirements, the use of aluminum alloys can greatly reduce the weight of rolling stock. Generally speaking, aluminum alloy vehicles are 30% to 50% lighter than steel vehicles. The most effective way to reduce the weight of high-speed train vehicles is to use It is possible to increase the percentage of aluminum used in vehicles.
(2) Excellent fire and arc resistance. Although the melting point of aluminum is much lower than that of steel, the fire and arc resistance of the car body is not only related to the melting point of the material, but also to the thermal conductivity of the material. Compared with steel, aluminum alloy has excellent thermal conductivity, and its heat dissipation is better than steel.
(3) Corrosion resistance. A dense oxide film is easy to form on the surface of aluminum alloy, and it has good oxygen resistance in the atmosphere. Therefore, the aluminum alloy has better corrosion resistance than the steel body, especially the parts that are not easy to be coated. At the same time, the surface of the aluminum alloy can be chemically colored, painted, and sprayed. Through these methods, the corrosion resistance of aluminum components is greatly improved. Can make the surface of the car body beautiful and give people a comfortable feeling.
(4) Easy to machining, manufacture and maintain. With the development and application of large-scale hollow and complex aluminum and plastic materials, and the continuous improvement of aluminum welding technology, aluminum alloy vehicle manufacturing technology is becoming more mature The features that can also be recycled are that the manufacturing process is greatly simplified, and the workload required for manufacturing is also greatly reduced compared to steel car bodies.
(5) The price is moderate. The higher price of aluminum material increases the manufacturing cost of the vehicle, but the aluminum alloy makes the vehicle lighter. The lighter weight of the vehicle brings increased transport capacity, reduced energy consumption, and reduced maintenance costs. Take the comparison of the maintenance hours of the vehicles at the factory for 10a as an example, 100% for steel cars and 52% for aluminum cars. The recycling value of scrap vehicles is 100% for steel cars and 480% for aluminum cars. From the perspective of comprehensive economic benefits, the use of aluminum alloy vehicles is economically reasonable and the final cost is moderate.
The current application status of aluminum alloys in high-speed railways. Under the general situation of the world’s growing demand for energy conservation and environmental protection, high-speed railways are developing in the direction of light weight and low energy consumption. Aluminium and its alloys are the first choice for lightweight materials, and have excellent properties unmatched by other materials.
PTJ Shop is a professional aluminum alloy material processor, dedicated to providing customers with the highest quality products and services with the greatest advantages. Sincerely look forward to your call and consultation, and look forward to working with you to achieve a win-win situation!