Compared with mold steel, ultra-thick mold aluminum plate has significant advantages:
1. The mold aluminum is lightweight. Because its density is only 36% of that of general mold steel, the motion inertia is relatively low. It is easy to accelerate and decelerate during the production process, which can reduce the loss of machinery and molds.
2. Die aluminum is easy to machine and has high dimensional stability. Its cutting speed is more than 6 times faster than that of general mold steel, so it greatly reduces the mold machining time and improves the efficiency of mold production.
3. Excellent thermal conductivity of mold aluminum. Its thermal conductivity is higher than that of general mold steel, so it can save 50% of the cooling time of the mold during production, thereby improving the production efficiency of the mold. Therefore, aluminum alloys are widely used in 80% of products in different mold industries such as injection molds, blow molds, low pressure molds, and rubber molds. With the development of the market, ultra-hard aluminum has now replaced steel as a mold in the European and American markets.
Features of imported mold aluminum alloy:
- High strength heat treatable alloy.
- Good mechanical properties.
- Easy machining and good abrasion resistance.
- Good corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
The mold made of aluminum alloy has the following characteristics:
- Good material uniformity: excellent heat treatment technology, the product is below 300 ℃, the strength and hardness are basically consistent;
- High surface accuracy, reduce material waste
- Good machining performance: Minimize the deviation of chemical composition, strength and hardness, and eliminate the phenomenon of ‘sticky knife’ and ‘burst knife’ during machining;
- high-speed machining, almost no deformation: perfect pre-stretching (T651) process, completely eliminate internal stress, difficult to warp, crack and deform during machining and stress;
- Good material compactness: The unique grain refining process guarantees that there will be no sand holes, horizontal lines, bubbles and impurities;
- High temperature resistance: permanent deformation will not occur under the working environment of 400 ℃;